|SUMMARY OF BIG-D INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBCONTRACTORS’ CERTIFICATES
THESE ARE MINIMUM BIG-D REQUIREMENTS. IF PROJECT REQUIREMENTS ARE GREATER THEY SHALL SUPERSEDE.
Personal and Bodily Injury
|EXCESS LIABILITY UMBRELLA|
Excess Liability Umbrella Insurance
- The limits shown above are minimum limits. Higher limits are acceptable. The combined General Liability/Excess Liability coverage must equal or exceed $2,000,000. This $2,000,000 coverage may be satisfied with combinations of limits of General and Excess Liability Insurance other than the $1,000,000 each shown above.
- The General Liability insurance must be Primary and Non-contributory to any insurance in place by Big-D, the Project Owner and Architect/Engineer.
- The General Liability Insurance must be written on an Occurrence Basis, must be Project Specific.
- Per Project – The General Aggregate Limit must be provided on a Per-Project Basis, and the Per Project Box must be checked on the Certificate of Insurance.
- Products/Completed Operations Insurance must be included for the additional insured’s, must not be limited to on-site operations, and the products/completed operations coverage must not terminate after the project is put to its intended use. Endorsements such as CG 20 37 10 01 are acceptable. Endorsements such as CG 20 10 01 or CG 20 33 07/04 are not acceptable.
- XCU (explosion, collapse, underground) exclusions must be deleted when applicable to operations performed by Subcontractor.
- A Waiver of Subrogation in favor of Big-D shall be included.
Liability (Including Non-Owned/Hired Liability)
All insurance provided by the subcontractor shall be with insurance companies acceptable to Big-D and the Owner of the project. Generally, this means rated “A” or better with financial size category (FSC) of “VII” or better by A.M. Best’s Rating Guide.
Certificates of insurance will include thirty (30) days cancellation clause with the “endeavor to” clause deleted. (This requirement is not applicable in Wyoming.)
“BIG-D, OWNER, AND ARCHITECT ARE TO BE LISTED AS ADDITIONAL INSURED ON LIABILITY POLICIES.”
PLEASE PROVIDE THESE INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS TO YOUR INSURANCE AGENT
Note: This Summary is for information purposes only and does not modify or supersede any contract provisions. Please refer to the detailed requirements contained in the Terms and Conditions of Subcontract Agreement or other specific contract documents applicable to your subcontract.
Do your insurance requirements meet Big-D's requirements?
By checking this box you agree that you have read, understand, and comply with Big-D's insurance requirments.