MOTHER EARTH WOULD CALL US A VERY RESPONSIBLE TENANT.
The LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System™ is a voluntary, consensus-based national standard for developing high-performance, sustainable buildings.
Big-D buys into it 100 per cent, in case you wondered.
Big-D’s Green / Sustainability Statement
“To Learn, Practice and Teach green / sustainable design and construction as a core responsibility”
Big-D is committed to provide leadership and education of customers, employees and vendors to understand and implement green / sustainable building practices throughout the design, engineering, procurement and construction of facilities.
Our goal is to incorporate best green / sustainable building practices and USGBC LEED® certification standards into 100% of our projects by 2012.
Achieving this goal will add value to every project, positively impacting the environment, building operations, occupants, society and future generations.
“We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” - Native American Indian Proverb
LEED® goals need to be set at the programming stage of your project. Not a moment later. Once the project is past 25 - 30% programmed, it’s difficult to adjust the design to meet LEED® requirements.
Big-D’s approach to LEED® produces environmentally friendly results for the site, the community, and the occupants.
During construction, we manage and control costs so LEED® points can be achieved in a cost-effective manner, and yield an aesthetically pleasing, energy efficient project. You’ll feel very satisfied. And Mother Earth will thank us both for being so considerate.
SUSTAINABLE CONSTRUCTION MEMBERSHIPS, AFFILIATIONS AND AWARDS:
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Certified Green Contractor - One of first four National contractors to participate in and earn this exclusive designation 2009
- Salt Lake City Environmentally and Economically Sustainable (e2) Business Program Member
- Salt Lake City Clean Utah Program Member
- Utah's Green Business Awards Company Achievements, Builder - Utah Business Magazine 2010
- Top 10 Green Contractors - Mountain States Construction 2010
- Top 100 Green Contractors - ENR 2009 - 2012
LEED® EXPERIENCE? IN SPADES.
By the way, Big-D Construction has completed multiple LEED® Certified buildings. Some of those include Big-D’s Corporate office which not only is a LEED® Gold Certified building but was the first LEED® Gold Certified building in the State of Utah.
You see, we practice what we preach. (See the list below for more examples.)
Matter of fact, Big-D completed the University of Utah Health Education and Science building which was the first LEED® Certified building completed for the State of Utah.
Prior to the implementation of LEED®, Big-D completed the Ogden Nature Center and Utah Botanical Center. Although they’re not LEED® Certified, these projects were constructed within the guidelines of LEED®. So, without trying to sound egotistical, we were ahead of our time.
Now, here’s that additional proof we mentioned a moment ago. The following list includes LEED® Certified projects which Big-D Construction has completed, and those projects that have been submitted to the USGBC for approval.
*Projects are currently registered with the certification goal of LEED®
LEED® PLATINUM - 7
5 CERTIFIED | 2 REGISTERED
- Swaner EcoCenter
- Utah Orthopaedics Medical Office Building
- Westminster College Meldrum Science Center
- Wetlands Discovery Point
- Anthony C. Beilenson Interagency Visitor Center at King Gillette Ranch
- AIA Utah Headquarters*
- University of Utah SJ Quinney College of Law*
LEED® GOLD - 16
12 CERTIFIED | 4 REGISTERED
- AGC Utah Headquarters
- Big-D Corporate Office Headquarters
- Center for Advanced Energy Studies
- Hill Air Force Base 3 Bay Fire Station
- Ogden IRS Dossier Building
- ProLogis Park Crate & Barrel Distribution Center
- Rio Tinto Warehouse
- The Children’s Center, Oquirrh School Renovation
- Southern Utah University Center for Health & Molecular Sciences
- Tracy Aviary Phase 2B Entrance and Guest Services and Education Buildings
- Gallivan Center Support Facilities Building
- Lincoln Center
- Fort Carson Physical Fitness Facility*
- Natural History Museum of Utah*
- Millcreek Community Senior, Library and Recreation Center*
- Vernal Dinosaur National Monument Quarry Visitor Center Replacement & Exhibit Hall*
LEED® SILVER - 27
7 CERTIFIED | 20 REGISTERED
- Kennecott Mine Office Building
- Newpark Town Center Development (Neighborhood)
- Sears Distribution Center
- Thanksgiving Park Phase 2
- Thanksgiving Park Phase 3
- Vernal Municipal Center
- Fort Bliss Fire and Military Police Station
- Cannon Air Force Base C-130 Hangar*
- Ellsworth AFB Add/Alter Deployment Center*
- Fort Riley Training Support Center*
- Grand Teton National Park Moose Maintenance Phase 1 & 2 Building Rehabilitation*
- Grand Teton National Park Administration Rehabilitation*
- Holloman Air Force Base Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) Field Training Unit (FTU) Complex
- Kennecott Utah Copper Molybdenum Autoclave Project (MAP) Services Complex Building*
- Kirtland AFB Building 415 Addition (RDT&E Facility)*
- Peterson AFB C-130 Squadron Ops Facility*
- Salt Lake Community College Center for New Media Annex Building*
- Tracy Aviary Phase 2C Exhibit Buildings*
- Utah Data Center*
- Utah Valley University New Science Building*
- Weber State University Davis Campus Professional Classroom Building & Central Plant*
- Life Sciences Test Facility Addition at Dugway*
- F-22 Systems Support Facility*
- Xactware Corporate Office Building*
- Cottonwood Newpark III Office Building*
- Vivint Phase II Office Building*
- Palo Alto Art Center Renovation*
LEED® CERTIFIED - 7
5 CERTIFIED | 2 REGISTERED
- BYU Office of Information and Technology
- Home Depot Rapid Deployment Center
- Kennecott Visitors Center
- University of Utah Health Sciences Education Building
- Newpark Town Center - Best Buy
- Swire Coca-Cola Distribution Center Addition*
- Loevner House*